about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

printable // kawaii floppy disk valentines and notes

Floppy Disk Valentines

Want to send a bit of retro love to your Valentine this year? Print out these floppy disks with sweet messages!

I recently saw a pad of sticky notes that was shaped like 3.5" floppy disks. Being a gal who has a fondness for vintage computer goodness (my first computer didn't have a hard drive but ran on DOS with two 5.25" floppy drives!), I wanted to make something similar. And Valentine's Day was a perfect chance to do so!

Right away I started thinking about phrases that had to do with saving files and romantic things, plus some fun file names. Each disk has one of those messages "written" on it, much like we scribbled labels on these old disks.

Floppy Disk Valentines

There's room to sign your Valentine at the bottom of each label. And maybe you could find some of these old floppy disk conversation "hearts" to give along with the card! Haha!

If you want to write your own note, either for Valentine's Day or any day, there's a page of the disks with blank labels. I think I might just keep a few of these around for using as everyday notes.

Floppy Disk Valentines

I do love my computer (which doesn't even have a CD/DVD drive in it now!), but I get a little nostalgic for the days of changing disks to load a single simple program, crazy modem noises, and file sizes that were downright puny. Adding in some pastel colors and happy faces make those things even better!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:37 PM

    Oh my gosh these are brilliant! You've inspired me to write some valentines to people this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! It's the perfect (belated!) valentine for husband (a programmer!)

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!