about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

color combo // unforgettable

Unforgettable Color Palette

The floss color palette that I've put together to share with you today is unforgettable. No really, it's called Unforgettable, because I chose the colors based on the Riley Blake fabric line of the same name.

I love playing with colors and seeing how they look and work together, and recently I've been using fabric as the inspiration. If you are ever looking for help in selecting colors for a project, looking to designer fabric lines is a perfect place to start.

Unforgettable Color Palette
Unforgettable Color Palette


Often when I pull out shades of floss to match fabrics, I don't use all of the colors in the design. Instead I go with what I like and what I think would be fun and useful together. In this case, I dropped the brown and tan that are in some of the patterns, but I did keep the gray. Swapping in the brown and tan would change the mood of these colors quite a bit, I think!

Unforgettable Color Palette
Unforgettable Color Palette

Seeing the colors as a group and then seeing them in smaller groupings is always interesting to me. They have different feeling in these collections. Of course, that could be partly due to these fabrics!

I just love the florals...so small and sweet! And then there are the stripes and...swirls? Wiggly lines? I'm not sure, but I like 'em!

Unforgettable Color Palette

But it should be no surprise that what sold me on this fabric were the hexagon prints! Aren't they precious? Someday I hope to design my own hexagon cheater quilt fabric...

Mind you, I've got a few pieces, including this, that are all ready for use in "faux EPP" projects. In fact, I hope to be sharing one with you later this week!

Unforgettable Color Palette

For now, I'll be enjoying my unforgettable embroidery floss bouquet!

1 comment:

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!